Assessments & Revalidation Team
What we do:
As the Assessments & Revalidation Team we work with all junior doctors, dentists and public health practitioners – approx. 3500, within the East Midlands from the point of recruitment into their Foundation Training to the completion of their Specialty training:
The Assessment Team
The Assessment Team are responsible for ensuring all trainees within the East Midlands are assessed annually through the ARCP (Annual Review of Competence Progression) process as per the requirements of the Gold Guide and all data is captured and communicated to all relevant parties. Responsibilities include:
- Assessments for all levels of training and Schools/Specialities. This includes setting dates with schools and ensuring that assessments are undertaken for all trainees
- All Data Reporting and Correspondence related to Assessments
- Management of data within the Trainee ePortfolios
- Involvement at National GP ARCP meetings and other external meetings connected with Assessment Activity
- Management of any assessments appeals
- To regularly liaise with the Assessment Lead Associate Postgraduate Deans.
You can contact the HEE East Midlands Assessments leads at GPAssessments.EM@hee.nhs.uk (for GP queries) or Assessments.EM@hee.nhs.uk (for all other specialties)
The Revalidation Team
The Revalidation Team are responsible for the revalidation of all training grade doctors within the East Midlands and are required to work closely with the GMC to ensure this takes place. The team’s responsibilities include:
- To collate Fitness to Practice evidence for all trainees, which includes:
- Annual ARCP Form
- Form R Part B (self-declaration)
- Local Education Provider (LEP) report (previously known as the Exception Exit/Employer Report)
- To filter this evidence to identify concerns.
- To prepare this information in readiness for the ARCP panel.
- To respond to queries from trainees, ARCP panel members and employers.
- To support the Responsible Officer in her recommendation to the GMC.
- To support the Responsible Officer in her deferral of trainees on GMC Connect
- To support the Responsible Officer in any investigations for further information pertaining to her recommendation.
- To regularly liaise with the Revalidation Lead Associate Postgraduate Deans.
- To monitor and maintain GMC Connect with CCT date changes.
- To update GMC Connect with new starters and leavers.
- To participate in the National Revalidation Operational Group that meets regularly to identify any national issues that need addressing.
- To maintain regular contact with other LETBs to identify any cross LETB trainees and the transfer of data.
- Foundation Year 1 and Year 2 sign off
- Management of GMC registration
- CCT Applications
For more information on the Revalidation Team please click here.