SLEs and In-Programme Assessments
Supervised Learning Events (SLEs) are your opportunity to learn and improve your clinical and professional skills. Coupled with reflective practice, SLEs are one way for you to evaluate how you are progressing towards the expected curriculum outcomes. SLEs make use of the following tools:
- Mini-clinical evaluation exercise (mini-CEX)
- Direct observation of procedural skills (DOPS)
- Case based discussion (CBD)
- Developing the clinical teacher.
The training programme uses a series of Assessments of Progress (AoP) to assess your achievement towards the curriculum outcomes. AoPs make use of the following tools:
- Core Procedures
- Team assessment of behaviour (TAB)
- Clinical Supervisor End of Placement Reports
- Educational Supervisor End of Placement Reports
- Educational Supervisor End of Year Report
More detailed information about Supervised Learning Events and Assessments of Progress are outlined in the UKFPO guidance documents.